Overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, and famous for Gaudí and other Art Nouveau architecture, Barcelona is one of Europe’s trendiest and loveliest cities.
The Costa Brava makes up a large part of the Spanish region of Catalonia. It runs all the way from the French border down to the province of Barcelona. One of the Costa Brava’s most famous former residents is the eccentric artist Salvador Dali and home to some of the country’s best beaches, small and intimate, surrounded by soaring cliff tops and unusual rock formations.
We’ll be staying right in the heart of Barcelona, just a couple blocks from Plaza Catalonia, considered the city center, Plaza Catalonia is where Barcelona’s major tourist attractions are located, including the Gothic Quarter, Raval, and Eixample.
Here’s just a few of the many things we’ll be experiencing:
- We’ll visit and tour La Sagrada Familia, the most famous church in Barcelona, perhaps in the world, and once you see it for yourself you will understand why.
- A day trip to Montserrat, home of the famous Black Madonna
- We’ll spend a day in the historic city of Girona in Spain’s northeastern Catalonia region, beside the River Onyar. It’s known for its medieval architecture, walled Old Quarter (Barri Vell) and the Roman remains of the Força Vella fortress. Landscaped gardens line the Passeig Arqueològic, a walkway following the Old Quarter’s medieval walls, which include watchtowers with sweeping views
- We’ll spend an afternoon touring the Salvador Dali Museum
- Our trip wouldn’t be complete without a Flamenco show and dinner at Palacio del Flamenco
- A tour of The eccentric Gaudi House Museum
- We’ll visit an authentic tapas neighborhood for a feast
And that’s just a taste of all we’ll see and do…detailed itinerary to follow!
I hope you know us well enough to know that we will be dishing up the best that Spain has to offer in our own kitchen, as well as enjoying meals out in local restaurants. Plant-based or not, you’ll find something luscious to satisfy your desires at the table.
OUR PHOTO LIBRARY
Click here to check out some of the photos from previous trips.
RESERVATION REQUESTS & MORE INFORMATION
Click here for Trip Reservation Request Form
May 26 – June 6, 2024 (11 nights)
$5,995.00 double occupancy / $6,795.00 single occupancy
(All inclusive, excluding airfare)