I love when Robert makes these bars. Perfect right before a workout, they're nutrient-packed and oh, so yummy.
Makes 16 bars
- 2 tablespoons chia seed
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seed
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed
- 3 tablespoons hemp seed
- 3 tablespoons TJ toasted flax seed
- 2 tablespoons raw buckwheat groats
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup walnuts, slivered almonds or any other chopped nut
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted millet (rinse millet, drain well and toast in a hot pan until dry, golden and nutty smelling
- ¼ teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
1/3 cup freeze dried fruit (raspberries, blueberries or strawberries)
1/3 cup brown rice crisp cereal
Step By Step Instructions:
Combine all of above dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
Mix in 1/3 cup Suzanne's flavored brown rice syrup.
(Robert uses raspberry with the freeze-dried raspberries, blueberry with the freeze-dried blueberries and strawberry with the freeze-dried strawberries. He also makes one with Lily's chocolate chips in place of the freeze-dried fruit, in this variation; in this version he uses maple brown rice syrup or chocolate brown rice syrup.
Once the rice syrup is combined with the dry ingredients, firmly press into a 9" X 9" baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Robert uses a second piece of parchment paper to firmly press the ingredients into the pan.
Bake, uncovered at 325 degrees for 17 to 20 minutes. It will still be a little soft to the touch when you take it out of the oven. Let it sit in the baking pan until fully cooled. The will set up nicely and you can cut them into bars.