Soba and Slaw Salad with Peanut Dressing
This is like coleslaw with noodles in it…and smothered in a rich peanut dressing. Do I need to say anything else?
Makes 3-4 servings
- 6 ounces uncooked soba noodles
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 3 tablespoons organic soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon avocado or camelina oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons creamy organic or Valencia peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili paste
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened organic almond or soy milk
- 2-3 tablespoons dry roasted organic or Valencia peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2-3 fresh green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
Step By Step Instructions:
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook soba al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse very well. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Mix in cabbage and shredded carrots and set aside.
Make the peanut sauce by combining all dressing ingredients in a sauce pan over medium-low heat, slowly whisking in milk to make the dressing richer. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce is smooth and well blended, about 3 minutes. Gently mix sauce into noodles and vegetables. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with peanuts and green onions.