These chewy treats are quite decadent-tasting. No one will guess they’re actually healthy.
Makes about 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup unsalted, unsweetened, chunky peanut butter
- 8 tablespoons vegan butter substitute, softened
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- 5 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1½ cups whole wheat pastry or sprouted wheat flour
- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup non-dairy, dark chocolate chips
Step By Step Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Whip peanut butter, vegan butter, syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth and creamy. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, oats, and coconut into peanut butter mixture and mix into a soft dough. Fold in chocolate chips to incorporate them fully.
Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto prepared pans, pressing lightly and rounding, leaving a small space between cookies. Bake 14-15 minutes, or until cookies are light golden and tenderly firm. Transfer to wire racks, and cool completely.