I love the simplicity of this recipe. All in one pot and it’s a feast!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons white miso
- 4 to 5 tablespoons lightly toasted pine nuts or walnuts
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown rice syrup
- ½ pound small potatoes peeled and sliced about ¼ inch thick
- 1 small bunch lacinato kale, sliced into ribbons
- 1 pound fusilli or long curly pasta
Step By Step Instructions:
Make pesto by combining ingredients in a food processor and pulsing until a coarse paste forms.
Bring 5 quarts of water to a boil with 2 tablespoons sea salt. Add potatoes and cook just until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add pasta and cook together with potatoes. At 5 minutes, begin testing the pasta for doneness. Stir in kale. When the pasta is done, drain thoroughly with potatoes and kale. Toss with pesto to coat the pasta.