Need a lighter meal that’s packed with protein? Here you go! Serve it with whole grain bread and you are all set!
Makes 3–4 servings
- 1 bunch kale (lacinato or regular kale)
- 1 teaspoon extra- virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup coarse bread crumbs
- 1 clove fresh garlic, mashed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons extra- virgin olive oil
- Juice from ½ fresh lemon
- 1 cup canned or leftover cooked chickpeas
Step By Step Instructions:
Rinse the kale leaves and towel dry. Shred the kale leaves, removing the stems if they are thick.
Place a teaspoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the bread crumbs until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
Mix together garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper, oil, and lemon juice. Adjust seasonings to your taste and mix well.
Toss kale with chickpeas, bread crumbs and dressing to coat. Allow to marinate for about 5 minutes before serving.
COOK’S TIP: Make a quick tahini dressing for this salad…mix together 3-4 tablespoons tahini with lemon juice, sea salt and water to taste and desired texture of the dressing…eliminate red pepper flakes, olive oil, lemon juice.