Our dear friend, Eric is passionate about lots of things in life, but nothing more than food and feeding his adorable niece, Jojo healthy treats. Here’s her favorite muffin or “muppin” as she calls them. Add fruit, nuts and seeds as you desire for variety.
Makes 12 standard muffins
- 2 cups sprouted whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil or melted vegan butter substitute
- 1/2-1 cup spring or filtered water
Step By Step Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350oF and line a 12-cup muffin tin with papers.
Whisk dry ingredients until well blended. Mix in oil and water to create a thick, spoonable batter. Do not over-mix.
Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups, filling them to two-thirds full.
Bake for 18-25 minutes. The muffins are done when the tops spring back to a light touch or an inserted toothpick comes out clean.