Easy Peasy Chocolate Cake
I saw this chocolate cake recipe in the New York Times. It needed “veganizing” but it looked so simple, I could not resist. I made a video of the recipe on Instagram and Facebook trying it for the first time. Here it is, with a few tweaks to ensure it turns out well for you.
Makes 8-10 servings
- 1 1/2 cups Lindley Mills sprouted whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup spring or filtered water
- 4 tablespoons Lily’s Sweets Baking Chips
Step By Step Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350o and lightly oil an 8″x8″ baking dish.
Mix together the dry ingredients until well combined. Stir in the wet ingredients until a smooth, spoonable batter forms.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Spoon evenly into prepared baking dish and bake for 28-30 minutes or until the top springs back to the touch.
Cool completely before slicing and serving.
Cook’s Tip: Make a simple chocolate ganache to glaze your cake. Simply boil together 1/2 cup almond milk with 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup. Pour over 1 cup chocolate chops and whisk until smooth. Spoon over cake.