Summer in a bowl. This sunny Mediterranean soup has the sweetness of summer tomatoes as its foundation with sunny yellow corn to make you dream of leisurely summer feasts in the garden.
Makes 3-4 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red onion or 1 shallot, peeled, diced
- Sea salt
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 3 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups spring or filtered water
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2-3 sprigs fresh basil, shredded for garnish
Step By Step Instructions:
Place olive oil and onion/shallot in a medium soup pot over medium-high heat. When the onion begins to sizzle, add a pinch of salt and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Stir in celery, corn and tomatoes. Add water; bring to a boil; cover and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes. Remove a small amount of broth and dissolve miso. Stir miso back into broth and simmer (do not boil) for 1-2 minutes. Serve garnished with fresh basil.