These noodles are so great for families. Kids love them; fussy eaters love them; everyone loves them. As a simple lunch or dinner, this is my go-to dish on a night when I need a satisfying meal . . . now! And since it’s loaded with protein and complex carbohydrates I know the simple nature of the dish doesn’t compromise on nutrition. One of the best whole foods cooking!
Makes 2–3 servings
- ½ cup all- natural crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3–4 fresh whole green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Soy sauce
- ½ fresh cucumber, unpeeled and cut into long thin matchstick pieces, do not peel
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced into thin ribbons
- ½ cup coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
Bring a pot of water to the boil with a generous pinch of salt and cook noodles al dente, about 9 minutes. Drain well, rinse, and place in a bowl. Cover and chill thoroughly before proceeding. Make the sauce. Whisk all ingredients together. Adjust seasoning to your taste. Set aside.
Place oil, garlic, and green onions in a deep skillet or wok over medium heat. When the green onions begin to sizzle, season lightly with soy sauce and sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in cucumber and roasted pepper.
To serve, toss cold noodles with peanut sauce and arrange on a platter. Spoon hot veggies over top and garnish with roasted peanuts. Serve immediately.