A variation on a classic dish. Usually, we make this vitalizing dish with only carrot and burdock–rocket fuel in a cup, I call it. Combining the intensely strengthening burdock, with gently strengthening carrot, cooked as a high fire sauté for energy and then simmered for quiet endurance. This version, a powerhouse of energy in its own right, has a few more ingredients and is simply sautéed, giving high energy and enduring stamina.
Makes 2-3 Servings
- Avocado oil
- ½ dried chili pepper, seeded, minced
- 1 small sweet onion, thin half-moon slices
- sea salt
- 1 cup fine matchstick pieces burdock
- 1 cup fine matchstick pieces carrot
- 1 cup finely shredded green cabbage
- organic soy sauce
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated, juice extracted
Step By Step Instructions:
Heat a small amount of oil in a deep skillet. Sauté chili for several seconds. Add onion, a pinch of salt and sauté until onions are limp, about 2 minutes. Add burdock, a pinch of salt and sauté for 2 minutes more. Add carrot, a pinch of salt and sauté 1 minute. Finally, stir in cabbage, season lightly with soy sauce, add ginger juice and cook, stirring frequently, until the cabbage is limp, 2-3 minutes. Serve hot.