Best Carrot Cake
Carrot cake is a big deal in our house. My husband, not much of a cake eater, much more of a pie guy, loves this recipe. For me, carrot cakes are too often about the cream cheese frosting; I prefer a moist, light, richly flavored cake over gooey frosting any day. This time, I got it. Loving this recipe.
Makes 10-12 servings
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 servings Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer (or 2 teaspoons baking soda with 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar)
- 2 cups Super Sprout Whole Wheat Flour
- pinch sea salt
- generous pinch cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (eliminate if using the egg replacer above with baking soda)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnut pieces
Step By Step Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350o and lightly oil a standard bundt pan.
Mix together grated carrot and other wet ingredients, down to egg replacer.
Mix in flour and other dry ingredients, except walnuts
Mix in 1 cup water and stir to form a thick cake batter. Fold in walnuts and spoon batter into prepared bundt pan.
Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
Allow to stand for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a platter. Cool completely before serving.
Cook’s Tip: You can make a vegan frosting with cream cheese and Suzanne’s Specialties Rice Mellow Whip or glaze the cake by heating brown rice syrup to a boil and spooning over cake.