Beans and Greens
This classic Italian dish is always…always on our table. A simple dish that comes together in minutes, this spicy high protein recipe is great as a light meal served with crusty whole grain bread or over pasta for a heartier main course.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh garlic, peeled, sliced
- Red onion, thin half-moon slices
- Crushed red chili flakes
- Sea salt
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cooked or canned white cannellini beans or chickpeas
- Broccoli rabe or escarole, rinsed well, cut into bite-size pieces
Step By Step Instructions:
Place a small amount of oil in a deep skillet with garlic and onion over medium heat. When the onion begins to sizzle, add a generous pinch chili flakes and sea salt. Cook, stirring until onion is translucent. Stir in cherry tomatoes and beans and simmer until beans are hot. Stir in greens and cook, stirring until just wilted. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately (or stir into cooked pasta).