Avocado Salad with Black Olive Vinaigrette
Loaded with EFA’s, fiber and antioxidants, avocadoes are a true gift to our well-being. A wee bit calorically dense, they are a valuable addition to a healthy diet in reasonable quantities.
Makes 6 servings
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons black olive paste or finely minced pitted black olives
- 2 shallots, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh basil
- pinch sea salt
- 1 large bunch watercress, rinsed well, stems trimmed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 oranges, peeled, sectioned
- 3 ripe avocados
Step By Step Instructions:
Make the vinaigrette by simply whisking ingredients together, adjusting seasoning to your taste. It should be strong and slightly salty. Set aside.
Halve, pit and peel avocado. Thinly slice them lengthwise, keeping them intact. Divide watercress and oranges sections among 6 salad plates. Using a spatula, carefully transfer an avocado half onto each plate, pressing gently to fan the slices. Spoon dressing over each plate and serve at room temperature or chilled.