This recipe came to me via Rakesh Shah, MD, a cardiologist friend who can cook as well as he repairs hearts. It’s a creamy, light version of traditional hummus that I think you’ll love.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1, 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed, save ¼ cup of the liquid from the can
- 2-3 small-medium ripe avocados
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Step By Step Instructions:
Blend chickpeas, avocado and garlic together. Slowly stream in avocado oil and lemon juice. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
Transfer to a serving bowl and serve garnished with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh pomegranate or sliced strawberries.