Arugula and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Bitter greens paired with sweet potatoes, spices and nuts make for the perfect energizing salad.
Makes 5-6 Servings
- 4-5 small sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- Generous pinch of paprika
- Generous pinch of allspice
- Juice of one half fresh lemon
- 2 bunches of arugula, rinsed well, stems trimmed, left whole
- 1/2 cup pistachios or other nuts
Step By Step Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Place sweet potato cubes in a mixing bowl, drizzle lightly with oil and season to taste with salt, syrup, paprika and allspice. Toss gently to coat squash and transfer to shallow baking dish, avoiding overlap. Bake uncovered until the edges are browned and the potatoes are soft, but not mushy, about 20-25 minutes.
While the potatoes bake, whisk together 1/3 cup olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt to taste. Arrange arugula on a serving platter, mound roasted squash on the arugula, sprinkle with pistachios and spoon dressing over top.